Do you have a story to tell?
On Lokmaanya, we take articles, opinions, write-ups and most importantly stories on all non-fiction topics, if they are –
- about India and its neighbourhood. (Click here to find out what we mean by India and its neighbourhood).
- about the world, but from the point of view of India or any region/country in its neighbourhood.
Lokmaanya accepts all ideologies, viewpoints, and ideas as long as they are not against India’s core interests.
We provide every author with full editorial and social media outreach support, so if you are someone who has just started writing articles and wants to be an established writer/blogger, you can count on us to support you.
Some guidelines to get you started –
- Content must be non-fiction. We do not take fiction or poetry.
- Articles can be in both English and Marathi. In the case of English, please use British spellings.
- Word limit: 700 – 1200 words. Articles of 1200 – 2000 words will be published as a series whereas articles of 2000+ words will be published as long reads.
- If the articles carry pictures, then please give source and caption for each of them. In the case of photo stories, there should be minimum 6 (six) pictures in one story.
- If the article has tables, then please give table name, and data source for each tables.
- Content must be original as we do not accept plagiarism. Wherever you use content that is not your own, please hyperlink the source within the content.
- Articles must be typed in MS-Word (.doc, .docx format). Please do not send handwritten content or PDFs.
Please send your articles on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept content previously published on media platforms and cite the source accordingly.
We do not accept content already published on personal blogs or social media platforms.
However, once published, the content can be shared on any blog/platform with the line “This was previously published on Lokmaanya” and the Lokmaanya link of the article.
We also create, edit, and publish videos, audio clips and podcasts. Send us your idea in less than a 100 words or a short video/audio clip (less than 5 mins) at email@example.com and we will get in touch with you.